Intern - Summer 2023
Timeframe: June 5, 2023 – July 28, 2023 (8 Weeks)
Type: In-Person (not virtual)
Paid: Yes - rate will be commensurate with experience
Company: Cambridge Street Asset Management LLC (the Asset Manager for Royal Oak)
Location: Rochester, NY
Applicants for this position should have a strong interest in commercial real estate, be detail-oriented and possess excellent analytical skills.
Royal Oak is a private Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) with $500M+ in asset value focused on acquiring net leased industrial, office and medical office properties in the United States. Cambridge Street Asset Management LLC (CSAM) is the Asset & Property Manager for Royal Oak Realty Trust Inc. (Royal Oak). CSAM manages the equity and debt capital financing for Royal Oak, identifies and closes the purchases of investment properties, and provides other support services that include investment oversight, property management oversight, REIT compliance monitoring, preparation of accounting and tax statements for investors, and related services.
Internship Job Description:
CSAM is looking to hire an Intern for the Summer of 2023 to assist the firm with the ongoing management of the firm’s investment portfolio of commercial real estate properties. Over the course of the internship, the Intern will spend two (2) weeks with each department (i.e., Finance/Accounting, Acquisitions, Investor Relations, Portfolio/Property Management). Key objectives/responsibilities for the position will include:
- Assist in the analysis of tenant financial statements
- Assist in the collection and analysis of real estate market data (e.g., inventory, vacancy rate, market rental rate, key lease/sale transactions)
- Assist in the preparation of investment return analysis (e.g., cash flow modeling/scenario analysis)
- Assist in the planning of investor/shareholder activities
- Assist in the accounting of the company’s financial transactions
- Assist in administration of the financing of the company’s assets
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program or higher (Masters, MBA) in real estate, finance, accounting or business or related field of study as of August 26, 2022
- Strong Interest in understanding financial statements and financial analysis
- Strong reading comprehension skills
- High level of attention to detail/accuracy
- Ability to work productively in a team environment
- Ability to listen and take direction from supervisor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interest in developing analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Powerpoint)
The Intern will ultimately report to the Vice President of Portfolio Management during the duration of the eight (8) week internship, but will be supervised by the Acquisitions Manager, Director of Investor Relations and Controller during departmental rotations.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out the form below.
"*" indicates required fields